Rudolfiner-Society – Red Cross

The Rudolfiner Society was founded by Gustav Jurié in 1875. in 1879 the Society constituted itself anew, Count Johann Nepomuk Wilczek became its first president and Rudolf, Crown Prince of the Austro-Hungarian Empire the Society’s protector.

The moving spirit of the society, which was called “Rudolfiner Society for the Construction and Maintenance of a Pavilion Hospital for the Training of Nurses for the Sick and Wounded in Vienna” by 1880, was surgeon Theodor Billroth. In 1881 the first course for nurses was given at the Vienna Academy of Commerce.

The Rudolfiner-Society– Red Cross has more than 200 members and functions as the Supervisory Board for the Campus Rudolfinerhaus (former healthcare and nursing school) as well as the Rudolfinerhaus Privatklinik GmbH.

Executive Committees: Executive Board:
KommR Dr. Georg Semler (Chair)
Prof. Dr. Martin Leixnering
Univ. Doz. Dr. Martin Buchelt, MBA

Barbara Martinuzzi (Secretary of Executive Board)

Administrative Council:
Univ. Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Seidl (President of the Rudolfiner-Society and Chair)
GD Stv. Dr. Georg Kraft-Kinz (Dep. Chair)

Univ. Prof. Dr. Wolf-Dieter Baumgartner, MBA
Univ. Prof. Dr. Vlastimil Kozon, PhD
KommR Prof. Dr. h.c. Alfons Metzger
Prof. DI Dr. Matthias Rant
Dr. Michael Ressel
Univ. Prof. Dr. Suzanne Rödler
Mag. Monika Wild, MAS, MSc

Ex-offo-Members:
Jurij Ghani (Work Council)
Dr. Werner Kerschbaum (ÖRK)

Supervisory Board of Rudolfinerhaus Privatklinik GmbH:
KommR Dr. Georg Semler (Chair of the Supervisory Board)
Dr. Werner Kerschbaum/ÖRK (Dep. Chair of the Supervisory Board)
Univ. Doz. Dr. Martin Buchelt, MBA
KommR Prof. Dr. h.c. Alfons Metzger

Jurij Ghani (Work Council)
Peter Schmidt (Work Council)

History
Read more
Eingang Rudolfinerhaus 1975
Membership
Read more